Saturday, July 19, 2008

Girls Camp

The second camping trip for our family was on the Fourth of July. We all joined our Branch for a campout at up near Rockport Reservoir. Unfortunately I forgot the camera yet again, and am still awaiting photos from others!

So far my third experience in the great outdoors was girls camp with our Mujeres Jovenes. We went to Reid Ranch in the Heber Valley.

Our trip included canoeing, paddle boats, archery, and horseback riding.

It was an extremely trying time for me as the Presidente, but I came closer to the Lord through prayer, and I truly saw his hand in calming my heart.

I love the Gospel, and I know without a doubt that it is true. I have learned in this life that all we can do is trust ourselves, and do the best we can. If others don't do their part that is on their shoulders, not mine. I need to be more of an example and stay strong...only the Lord can help me through these times.




Yeah....three days, no shower, no sleep, and bug bites from head to toe...lets just say these photos capture the essence of camping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jan said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG. Darling